How to Blog: Part I

I know that a lot of people think fashion bloggers are just dizzy, popular teenage girls who are admired by all the kids at school, that just wanted to show that popularity to more people online, then a lot of people read their blogs, and they got famous. That isn't true. Some fashion bloggers dedicate their lives to fashion, blogging because they love to do so, and want people to hear their opinions. Maybe a someone will start out blogging because they're shy, and blogging lets them share their ideas with the world. However you start out blogging, make sure you do it right. Read on for tips to create the best fashion blog ever. 

I know if you look up how to start a fashion blog, a lot of the results are about how to set up the blog, and not about content or what to write about. In this post, I'll let you decide which platform to use, and stuff like that. I'll be telling you about what to write, and how to get people to read your blog. Before I started blogging, I read about platforms and setting up your blog, and all that. I was lucky enough to find some small bits of advice about the content hidden in there, but not a lot. I had to figure it out on my own, based on views and and comments, as well as opinions from friends and family. 

Theme
First, let's talk about theme. I know that I said that I wouldn't tell you what them you should pick, that's up to you. Instead, I'll tell you about fonts and coloring, as well as background images. Personally, I love changing the theme, font, and background images, but I guess that's just the artist in me. 

So, first, pick your theme. You want one that is pretty simple and easy to navigate. Moving on the fonts. I like swirly, cursive fonts, but those can be hard to read, so I chose those for the post titles, and other short lines of text. For the actual post text font, I chose an easy to read font, since I write a lot of long paragraphs, which can be hard to read on a phone, tablet, or even computer. 

Next, pick out a color theme. Some themes already have a set color theme, but if you want to, you can change it. I think that a light background with a dark font is the easiest to read, but you do you. 

After you picked out a color theme, select a background image. You can either use a picture that you took, or use one of the options the platform provides you with. I like that blogger gives you a lot of different options, and they give credit to whoever took the picture at the bottom of your blog, so you don't have to go through all the hassle of giving credit to the photographer yourself. If you're doing a fashion blog, try to find an image that as something to do with fashion. 

And, that's all for this post. If you want to know when part two is out, just subscribe if you haven't already to get updates on all my new posts. Please comment if you have any questions or comments. In the next post, you'll read some ideas of what to write about, why staying consistent is important, and the differences between quality and quantity. 

Comments