The Fashion Question That Has All Women Stumped Every Winter

It's a question most woman ponder all winter. Should I go for warmth or style? Yes, that's the question. Should I go for warmth or style? You are probably thinking, warmth, duh. Well, look at these two photos and tell me which one looks better, warmth or style. 
Image result for woman wearing shorts in winter
STYLE
Image result for woman bundled in winterFrom styletab blog
WARMTH
From zulily
I'm sure you will agree with me that the stylish woman's outfit looks better. So, then, you should go with style, right? But then you'll freeze. So the trick is getting the right mix of warm and stylish. But that brings up even more questions. What should be warm and what should be stylish? Can my warm things have style? What exactly does style mean? Do I have to wear shorts?  Can I wear tights and shorts? Can I wear a dress or skirt? Why can you wear summer clothes in winter, but not winter clothes in summer? What's the trick? WHAT DO I DO? JUST TELL ME ALREADY! Which is not, technically, a question, but you're probably thinking that too. So, I will answer these questions.

As for what should be warm and what stylish, it depends. Ask yourself, what gets the coldest? My arms? My nose? My legs? Or, maybe my face? That part should be warm. Next ask yourself what your standout piece should be. A standout piece, in case you don't know, is the highlight, the main attraction, the part you want to show off. Like one colorful piece in an all black outfit. One pattern in a an otherwise solid colored outfit. That part will be the stylish part. You can decide if you want the outfit to be more warm or more stylish based on the weather. 

Absolutely, your warm things can have style! Style, in this case, meaning fashionable. 

 The term style, in this case, refers to a not warm or wintery garment, rather than a generally fashionable one. 

No, you don't have to wear shorts. You could wear jeans or leggings, but with a tee-shirt or tank top and light jacket. Or, instead of shorts, you could try capris or a skirt. 

Hmmm. Tights and shorts. Let me think about this for a few moments. Yes, of course you can wear shorts and tights. I typically don't, but I still admire the style. 

Dresses and skirts are the perfect thing for winter! Wear a skirt with a oversized sweater for a casual and cute look. Or, wear a dress with a jean or leather jacket on top. You could get a long sleeved dress especially for winter. 

Why can you wear summer clothes in winter, but not winter clothes in summer? That is a good question I honestly do not know the answer to. People do wear jeans in summer, too. I guess it's so you don't sweat or something? I will look into this further, and post about it. 

The trick is balance. If you're wearing shorts, you wouldn't want to wear a short-sleeved shirt as well. Though, you can wear jeans or leggings  and a sweater. A sweater and shorts is also a cute combo. Typically, you get bare legs and covered arms, but one classic combination is jeans and a tee. 

As for the last question? What do I do? That question is pretty much answered throughout this whole post. 

So, next time anyone asks you, Warmth or style? Just say, "A little of both."

Comments

  1. I have read the blog and ideas are just awesome. i have good Online shopping site suggestion for you must visit beyoung.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to come up with new ideas and such that other blogs may not have. I visited the online shopping website. There was great clothes, but I live in the USA.

      Delete

Post a Comment